What is Self-Care?
Self-care is a trendy term that’s thrown around a lot, but experts say it’s often misunderstood. Most people think of self-care as something we do to improve ourselves.
In truth, self-care is not exclusively linked to self-improvement (though, it can help you feel healthier or better your mood). Self-care is actually defined as something you do for yourself – something that brings you joy and alleviates stress. This could be any number of things from journaling to crafting, getting your nails done, or following a simple exercise routine.
Whatever your self-care looks like, Scentcerely Yours premium scented candles can help increase your level of relaxation while you take some much-needed time for yourself.
Ways to Incorporate Scentcerely Yours Premium Fragrances into Your Self-Care Routine
Meditation For Self-Care
Is meditation part of your self-care routine? Your body has a positive physical response to regular meditation and can calm the part of your brain responsible for the fight or flight response. It may even reverse the damaging impacts of stress on our cells at a physiological level!
If meditation is already part of your self-care routine or sounds appealing to you, consider adding a calming Scentcerely Yours scent into the mix. Breathing in a soothing premium fragrance is a great option to help you relax and release the tension in your body.
Scentcerely Yours luxury candles and a relaxing bath…has there ever been a more perfect pairing?
If you are a bath person and haven’t tried adding custom scented candles to your bath time routine, you are missing out! Next time you take a dip, surround your bathtub with a few relaxing candles. Then close your eyes, breathe deeply, and let the relaxing fragrances transport you to your favorite posh salon and spa (minus the “posh” price tag).
Maybe candles are already part of your routine. You can take your relaxing tub time to the next level by adding any of our Scentcerely Yours bath bombs, handmade soaps, or lotions from our specialty online shop.
A Good Book
Reading can be an excellent way to alleviate stress and release tension (just make sure the reading material isn’t anxiety-inducing). If you enjoy a little solitude, a glass of wine, and a book, try adding a few premium scented candles. You could even choose a scent that speaks to your reading material.
For example, one of our favorite scents is “old books,” which combines leather and misty aromas as if you are studying in a library. So next time you pick up your page-turner, surround yourself with the softness of candlelight while you escape into a good book.
More and more people are discovering the powerfully relaxing effects and health benefits of adding yoga into their self-care routine. There are many different kinds of yoga practice. Some are more physically intense and others are meant to alleviate anxiety, stretch the muscles, and help release toxins from the body.
Scentcerely Yours candles can be added to any gentle yoga practice to help relax your mind and focus on your body. Just make sure to keep the candles at a safe distance from your yoga mat and stretching area and check out some of our other candle care tips beforehand.
Journaling is a popular method of self-care that involves a bit of self-reflection too! Not only does it help you explore your feelings, but it can also leave you feeling centered. Practicing gratitude in your journaling can also help boost your mood.
If journaling helps you unwind at the end of the day and release stress, you can easily incorporate relaxing scented candles into this routine.
Come Pour with Scentcerely Yours
Getting creative can be just what you need after a tough week when it’s time for a little self-care. Get your creative juices flowing at Scentcerely Yours as you test out over 100 scents, pick your favorites, and mix 2-3 to create your signature scent.
There is a connection between scent and a positive mood, which may enhance the candle scent creation experience. Take time for yourself or do a girl’s night – regardless, it’s a great activity for self-care.
Scentcerely Yours Relaxing Self-Care Scent Favorites
If you’re looking for ways to enhance your self-care routine, Scentcerely Yours custom scented candles can be the perfect addition to help you relax and get some much-needed time to yourself. Here are some of our favorite relaxing scented candles that you can incorporate into your self-care:
- Lavender – a calming and relaxing fragrance that goes great with a hot bath!
- Sea Breeze – fresh ocean air layered with tropical breezes and soft floral notes. You can almost taste the salty air!
- Rosemary – an herbal, green fragrance with earthy undertones. This crisp and invigorating scent is also used for mood enhancement.
- Bonsai – notes of citrus, woods, floral, and greens, and is relaxing and refreshing at the same time.
- Bubble Bath – a clean, fun, yet calming scent that makes you want to draw a warm bath.
- Cucumber – a refreshing and clean scent that smells like you just picked one from the garden!
- Eucalyptus – a clean, cool, and refreshing scent that smells like fresh-cut eucalyptus leaves. Crisp and aromatic, it will enlighten your senses.
- Fresh Air – smells like a clear summer day spent enjoying the weather outside. You can close your eyes and almost feel the sunshine on your face.
- Incense – a classic fragrance blend of sandalwood and patchouli, with hints of smoke and citrus.
- Peppermint – an invigorating scent that almost everyone is familiar with. It’s cooling and sweet at the same time.
- White Tea – fresh and citrusy with top notes of mandarin and bergamot. Middle notes of thyme and ginger add an herbal spice that blends beautifully with delicate jasmine blossoms.