Whether you’ve created your own scent at Scentcerely Yours or have purchased one of our signature scents, you know we strive to provide the best possible quality of candles. Our candles are made from natural soy wax, premium fragrance oils, and organic cotton wicks to burn cleaner, longer, and more true-to-scent.
Each of our Scentcerely Yours 11 oz candles has an 80 hour burn time for a long-lasting scent that circulates throughout your home or space, providing a pleasant, cozy atmosphere.
Keep reading for our candle care tips to make the most of your Scentcerely Yours candles and keep them lasting longer.
Burning Your Scentcerely Yours Candle For the First Time
The first time you burn your Scentcerely Yours candle will help determine how it will burn for all remaining burns. You’ll want to make sure you follow these steps to protect the life of your candle.
- Ensure your candle is on a flat surface.
- Do not burn your candle if there are any cracks present in your candle container.
- Allow your candle to burn until the wax has melted from edge to edge in your container.
- Do not burn your candle for longer than 4 hours.
Trimming the Wick
Each time you light your candle, it has the potential to leave soot on the wick. Relighting the wick without trimming away this debris can lead to black flames, the wick becoming off-center, or the flame becoming large and/or flickering. At Scentcerely Yours, we offer quality wick trimmers in our shop for customers to purchase that help avoid these potential candlewick problems.
- Trim wick to 1/4″ before each lighting for maximum results.
Enjoying Your Scentcerely Yours Candle
Once you’ve trimmed the wick, it’s time to light your Scentcerely Yours candle! Light your candle with a lighter or matches and burn your candle between 1 and 3 hours at a time for best results. Here are a couple of safety tips to follow:
- Never leave a burning candle unattended in a drafty area or within reach of pets or children.
- Don’t move your candle while it’s burning, as wax can move in the jar or burn your hand.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Do not leave your candle around anything that is flammable or could catch fire.
Extinguishing Your Scentcerely Yours Candle
While it may be tempting and quicker to blow out your Scentcerely Yours candle, resist and follow these candle care tips:
- Allow the melted wax pool to reach the edges of the sides of the jar before extinguishing to prevent wax from building along the sides of the jar and tunneling.
- Allow the wax to cool completely before handling – the candle jar will be hot after burning.
- We do not recommend placing the lid on the container to stop the burn.
- We recommend using a candle snuffer to prevent the spray of wax.
The most important candle care tip of all – whether you’re enjoying a scent you created yourself or enjoying one of our signature scents, remember to sit back, relax, and enjoy the wonderful premium fragrance that fills your home.